Saturday, December 19, 2009

What happens to the soap, shampoo, and conditioner from the hotel after you checkout?

I want to know if housekeeping must throw them out after each guest or if these items appear not to be opened leave these items (soap, conditioner, shampoo) there for the next guest in the hotel room.





Here's why I ask. There's a homeless man near where I work. He's there every day and has been for the the five years I've worked here. Yestarday I gave him the soap, conditioner and shampoo from a recent hotel stay (I put them in a Zip-Lock sandwich bag). He looked at them, thanked me and said, ';Great idea.'; I drove away.





So I don't want to take these items from the hotel unless they have to throw them away after each guest.What happens to the soap, shampoo, and conditioner from the hotel after you checkout?
Yes, after each guest, everything that is remotely disposable is thrown away. Don't worry, you are doing a good thing. Plus, even if they didn't throw them away, I'm sure a hotel has more to lose than a homeless man.What happens to the soap, shampoo, and conditioner from the hotel after you checkout?
You have paid for the items in the cost of the room, you are not stealing anything. Nice idea.





They do not throw them away but you have paid for them.
I bet that they rewrap it and reuse it for the next person. It is the way to save money. I mean you don't throw away your shampoo and soap after every wash and get a new one....Think about it!
I used them or take them when I travel for short trip. Great what you do, God bless you.
Soap - thrown out


Shampoo - thrown out or refilled


conditioner - thrown out
its okay to take them beacuse after u leave they usaly throw them out so it ok 2 take them
i think that is a great idea the man must be thank full that you are there to help him





im sure that the hotel throws them away after each stay because they don't know if the people spit in them or not ....or you could just tell them about your situation they can tell you...............good luck
yeah well sometimes they might throw them away or they might also give them to the housekeeping staff who i think pocket them.. :D hehe life is weird out there but that is what i think might happen to them.. enyways we always go to the cart and take more and put them in the bag when the cleaner is cleaning the room and cant watch us.. its kool though.. :D
They were left there for you to use, so you may take them with you when you leave.
I've heard of some organizations that collect them from travelers and give them to women's shelters. Another good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment