Saturday, December 19, 2009

Anyone know how hotels senitary process soap & shampoo...?

First of all.......HAPPY NEW YEAR 2007!!





Lots of people travel and stay in hotel during holiday time.


Every time I stay in hotel, I'd like to try the soap and shampoo.


(But I don't use motel's soap which dry your skin.....)


Have you ever thought how hotel process the used soap and shampoo? Generally we use hotel soap once and throw it. It could be a big waste to hotel and do they reproduce and repack the used soap? If they do....is it sanitary ...?Anyone know how hotels senitary process soap %26amp; shampoo...?
Soap and shampoos, coffee mugs towels, and sheets, and pretty much anything else used by a consumer in the hotel is replaced each time a customer rents a room. Soaps, shampoos and other personal objects are definitely thrown out. Coffee mugs, towels sheets etc, are all washed and replaced with clean.Anyone know how hotels senitary process soap %26amp; shampoo...?
ewww no we put clean unused soap in everyroom everyday no used soap ever .... i work for Holiday Inn Express...... I have never worked at a hotel that recycled its soap we throw the used soap in the trash now wether the homeless people around this area recycle it who knows Happy New Year
I have been a hotel general manager for 28 years and have never seen any recycling of soap, period. I have worked in mostly mid-scale and upper-scale independent and chain hotels, so I cannot speak for the lower-grade hotel segment. But I would not stay in any property where there was evidence they were doing this.
Yuck I would hope that no hotel would ever do that. When I worked as a housekeeper we threw out everything in the room and restocked. I would never leave shampoo or soap or anything in there whether it looked unused or not because you never know what people do with that stuff.
Happy New Year to you as well. I think that's a two parter for me. I saw a news report several years ago that showed a national hotel chain recycling soap. The soap was melted down, sanitized and processed for re-use. The report said the sanitation method was safe for reuse. Also I worked at a national hotel chain and I know for a fact they did not recycle their soap. They give smaller bars of soap and try to use liquid means where ever possible. I hope this helps. You can also always ask the hotel if they are recycling the soap, and if so, the housekeeping supervisor will be able to tell you.

No comments:

Post a Comment